This Saturday, September 17th, marks the 224th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution. To celebrate, Miller Library is handing out The U.S. Constitution And Fascinating Facts About It booklets to anyone who can answer the following questions. Just come to the library circulation desk and answer any of the following: (Hint, you can find answers to these questions in our online resource Creedo Reference at library.cornerstone.edu!)
- Which famous American refused to go to the Constitutional Convention because he “smelt a rat”?
- Which Supreme Court justice said of obscenity, “I know it when I see it”?
- Which Supreme Court justice is also in the College Football Hall of Fame?
- Which two Founding Fathers both died fifty years to the day after they signed the Declaration of Independence?
- Why did America almost have a King instead of a President?
- Who convinced Supreme Court justices not to wear traditional powdered wigs by saying the wigs make English judges “Look like rats peeping through bunches of oaskum”?
Good luck! Come in anytime Friday or Monday to pick up your U.S. Constitution booklet.